LIUNA honors a heritage that began in 1903. From its humble beginnings to its present day position as one of the largest, strongest and most progressive unions in North America, LIUNA members are at the forefront of the construction industry—an industry which employs 12 million workers who produce 5 percent of the gross domestic product of the U.S. and Canada.
Laborers’ International Union
Some of the responsibilities of the Laborers’ International include the following:
- Sets International Union policy through nine regions, more than 40 district councils, and more than 425 local unions
- Collective bargaining with national construction contractors to ensure that national employers can be competitive in any area they perform work Representation of the Union in the National Labor and Building Trades Associations
- Influential representation on Capitol Hill
- Overseeing organizing programs carried on at local, regional and national levels
- Working to ensure that Laborers receive the best in training, health and welfare and employment opportunities
- National project database to increase bid opportunities for signatory contractors
Wherever opportunity and growth take your company, you can depend on LIUNA’s strong international structure to be there with you. LIUNA’s skilled trades people have built America for over 100 years—put us to work for you.